Nuffnang

13 August 2013

Moustache Houze, Penang

Finally I'm fully recover from gastric and dreadful vomit routine and baby was really good for bringing me to Fruuze as I complained to him when I was sick hehe. Baby even brought me to this newly opened cafe, Moustache Houze without me asking hehe, he just saw me liking its Facebook page HERE and here we are yeehaa!

Moustache Houze is located at Campbell Street (full address at the end of post) and based on the shop's name, obviously it has something to do with moustache, the whole cafe is moustache-themed so you're able to see a lot of moustache in every corner of the shop, even their cups! It sells only light things such as cakes, crepes, tea, juice, coffee and special ice cubes.
The cafe is not too hard to find as the signboard is noticeable on the road.


The place is comfortable with air-con, suitable for backpackers as they have hostels upstairs too!

Books and magazines are provided to kill time, they have Wi-Fi service as well! :)

Moustache tree, feel free to count the number of moustaches in there.

Menu

Their furniture all look very comfy and nice, loving their displays and the cozy surrounding.
Please note that the seats above cannot be swing thou, was hoping they could :(

 The boy who brought me here *hugs and kisses*

We ordered their special ice cubes because we already had our lunch previously, special ice cubes are similar to normal ice cubes but instead of freezing water, they freeze strawberries, kiwis, espresso, chocolate and something-I-forgot
I ordered strawberries cubes and bf ordered espresso cubes.

 All the frozen fruit is served with soda (something like 7Up)

While the espresso and chocolate are served with cold milk, 
course you don't want them with 7Up do you?

To consume, just pour the milk or soda into the ice cubes and wait for them to melt
If you wanna melt them in your mouth well.... lol

Personally I like my bf's choice more which is the espresso cubes because the taste is stronger and it's fun watching the milk changed from white to brown slowly. For the strawberries, it's quite hard for me to 'catch' the taste of strawberries because the soda is quite sweet itself, maybe they should add more of the cubes or replace with fruit that is stronger in flavour like orange, dragonfruit, durian, ok cut the durian. But for non-coffee lover, you can still have a try on the fruit or chocolate cubes or some other drinks from the menu.

My boy was making himself at home lol.
Thanks to my boy once again for bringing me here! 

(photo source: Moustache Houze)
Us with moustache :D Thank you MH for the photo!

In overall the cafe was good, clean air and clean environment, nice-looking cakes, creative drinks, suitable place for afternoon break or gathering with friends/family, but remember to fill your tummy up first because they do not serve any main course or heavy food :)

Address
No. 24 Campbell Street,
10100 George Town,
Malaysia.

Operation Hour:
Mon - Sun: 4:30pm-10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment